Sunday, October 31, 2010

Meta-Vacation

Anyone looking for a home?  I found this on the Internets under ¨homes for sale on Lake Como¨.  I can do a little scouting if you´re interested.
To Our Readers:


The rumors are true, I'm ditching Beth in a third world country made famous for its cocaine, coffee and kidnapping. (1). It's not to be helped.  My sister, the known contrarian, has decided to take herself off the market as she found a man willing to put a ring on it.  As a dutiful brother, an underemployed and poor one at that, I'm jumping on the first plane out to witness this historic and unexpected event.  I'll be photographing and blogging my way through matrimony, at your (whoever still reads this blog) expense.

The vows will be taken in Como, Italy, where I'll be hob-nobbing with the rich and famous, not to mention bringing down the collect class level of the place.  My vacation within a vacation will be one whole week-long and, forewarning you all, no one should expect a Euro souvenir, because I don't believe in supporting bad exchange rates.  I'm sorry, in advance.

From my last night in Bogota, until next Monday,

Jason "I'm going to eat so much pizza and gelatto in one week that I won't fit back into that cute little tanktop of mine" Vickers

(1) coffee, an oh-so-amazing drug.  We visited the coffee region after Cali, then moved on to Bogota, the capital of Colombia.  I tell you this because we are, for now, skipping the Salento Zona Cafeteria post.  It will be up in due time.  The significance of this for you is that this post brings us up to our current place of residence.  We are now on current JBT, or Jason and Beth Time, which hasn't been true for five months.  To prove this: Last night we watched the Rangers come back from a Madison Burgenmayer first half gem and win game 4, tying the series.  Good times.  I'm patting myself on the back, I'm patting the Rangers on the back and I'll be patting any new commenters on the back.  Cheers, to currency.  [Note: Sometimes the truth just hurts too much]

2 comments:

  1. I'm still reading! But bummed that you'll be so close...but yet so far away! Make sure to pack your manpris, murse and as much pink as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Mandy just say that you should be me? I'm sorry but since you have that gangly armed look (which I thought I had on lock within our friend group), taking my fashion point of view (POV) would be too eerie (though emulation is the highest form of flattery). Though I would say there are a few manpris in your suitcase.

    ReplyDelete