Friday, October 29, 2010

...Back to Cali, Cali (Colombia)

Because, at some point, people just don´t want to read...(1)

You´d think we could have given you a better lead picture of Cali, but in all honesty, it´s just not that pretty of a city. It´s known for it´s night life, Salsa to be exact, which we were too lazy to take in (or perhaps too intimidated, as many clubs had big signs with handguns encircled by a red X).

We were in Cali for one week and this is the one and only tourist excursion we took. Unfortunately they had no gorillas, no panda/polar bears, no crooked-necked giraffs and no sloths, my favorite exhibits at the zoo. I did have Beth though, which made it the most entertaining trip to the zoo I´ve been since my first time.

This picture doesn´t do this tiger justice. That paw is legitimately at least 1.5x larger than Beth´s head. No wonder children gawk when they get to this exhibit.

Da´ Steets, of Cali. And some old man in a plastic chair scratching himself. That about sums the streets up perfectly.

Takin´it to the steets...uh, lily pads. Beth took our trip to the zoo by storm, dancing, singing and trying to SAVE THE ANIIIIIMALLLLS.


Us leaving Cali after one week of relaxing. This is going to sound absurd, but the truth is, after traveling for almost 9 months now, we just needed a place to sit and relax. We made dinner everynight, watched movies, had a few glasses of wine and even caught a couple of baseball games on television. Sometimes a city may have a lot to offer and you just don´t really care, because you want to do absolutely nothing. I´m sure when we are back in our Cali that we´ll be waxing philosophical about how much we wish we were back traveling through South America, but alas, this was Cali (Colombia) for us, just like Sundays at home.

I´ve never been to a petting zoo with Beth, but I´d like to. I´m taking bets now on things she would get arrested for.

Disclaimer: Beth made me take this picture. I´m not, I repeat NOT, wondering where the titties are...

Question of the week: If you were a dead pig on display in a grocery store, what halloween costume would you choose? A pirate is definitely in my top 5. Jesus (Jewish), Hurley, A scandalous hospice worker and Tony Danza (in The Garbage Picking Field Goal Kicking Philadelphia Pehnomenon) would round out my top 5.


Beth also made me take this picture, which, as I´m looking back through our pictures from our Cali days, makes me wonder if I´m genetically closer to monkeys than I realized. ¨Jason, put a plastic bag hat on your head.¨ ¨Ok.¨ ¨Jason, stand next to this monkey mirror and act REALLY surprised.¨ ¨Ok.¨ ¨Jason, pose with a tittie sign.¨ ¨Ok.¨



And the dignity goes on, and on, and on... Me, as a flamingo.

All I need is a cubicle, a banana and someone telling me to hit the keyboard and I´ll feel right at home.


Colombia has officially entered the pantheon of ¨greatest countries in South America¨. No, they don´t have poker rooms in their grocery stores (though that is a brilliant idea as well), but they do have Costco-style tastings which happen to include free beer...but no cocaine. (Note: Much to my dissapointment Colombian beer is, even free, subpar. We are in Bogota now and have ran across at least two brewpubs though, so I´m holding out on a final verdict.) 


(1) I´ve been contacted by the ADA, because apparently one of my old coworkers--and I won´t mention names (Caleb)--reported that this blog is not friendly to reading-troubled people.  And thus this post was derived.

3 comments:

  1. I like the 12 Monkeys look you have going on. Much better than the Hilary Swank picture in Banos...one word...disturbing. I never knew you had such feminine arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should see my legs in a set of heals...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 things: Did you find religion? You need to put on a robe (or a sheet would suffice) and take a picture. That's all I want... Preferably gold sheet.

    2: Beth has a big head (sorry Beth), so that Tiger must be the largest feline on this earth... Was that picture taken at a zoo? How big was the cage, I am assuming not one of those free range San Deigo type deals.

    ReplyDelete