Saturday, March 20, 2010

Charleton benHeston





Yo, so went up to Dartmouth for the weekend for this MBA “winter carnival”, yes a ton of douches. Could have cheered on our ski team on Saturday but I don’t really “cheer” so decided to sleep in when everyone headed to the mountain and while in this small town (if you can call it that) looking for a place to eat I saw a sign for a gun show at the American Legion Hall down the road so I decided to talk a walk and make a day of it.

So basically the holy shit factor at gun shows is pretty high. You wonder how Obama didn’t win in a landslide and then you go to one of these things and you figure it out. These guys actually seemed like they were to the right of republicans and probably into the whole Timothy McVeigh militia type thing. Besides the guns they also had military paraphernalia and assorted junk of which a more than noticeable portion was Nazi crap. It wasn’t totally clear that the Nazi stuff represented their views but I doubt they would have been pumped to hear I was a west coast liberal Jew. I finally worked up the nerve to ask one of the people behind the gun tables to take a picture of me with one of the guns so check out the attached photo. I highly recommend checking out a rural gun show when you get the chance.

2 comments:

  1. Ben, if you're reading this, I am hurt I didn't get an email like this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. they finally made a monkey out of you!

    ReplyDelete